Friday, February 29, 2008

UPdates.





So. not to look like I am totally being lazy, I'm not. I do actually work whilst I sit at home being unemployed. But I have to admit, I have been avoiding my blog because, I really want it to be lovely, and I think it looks stink. One day I will learn how to "design" my blog, then this Miss Dishy will be a happy camper. Anywhoodle.I thought I would just post some things that I am working on lately.

I was thinking about Self-promo pieces and leave behind pieces the other day, and came up with a rather charming idea (I think). I'm still a muddled when it comes to whether I should be advertising as Miss Dishy or as my real name. For the outside world, Miss Dishy is the name I am going by, like celebrities with fake names. It's like my stage name. But as for applying for jobs, I can't apply as Miss Dishy. Even though a select group of friends, including two of my favorite boys in the world, have started to call me Dishy or Miss Dishy. Which every time they say it I have to admit, I get the giggles and feel like I'm eight and a boy just punched me to tell me he likes me.

Anywhoodle, enough of that rant. So. For my leave behind, I created a postcard, that actually cuts out and becomes a small paper doll, a wee "Trial" version of Miss Dishy. I can be taken to board meetings, I don't take much room in any office, and I am very pleasant to work with, plus I am agreeable too, oh, and I never take extended breaks. I initially struggled with the leave behind idea. But, I'm really excited for this one, and hope that it's a success. We'll see what people say. I'm going over to show Agolfpro today. He'll tell me what he thinks. (On a side note, one of my best memories of working with Agolfpro was asking him everyday "Is this gross?". He always had a great reply, and we would have great critiques together. A very good match we are.)

So. The other stuff is my Miss Dishy packaging for this year. I've decided to add a few more colours to the Miss Dishy palette (Unfortunately the web versions are quite hideous). I really feel like this year, we need to be colourful. I love my new palette, it's more saturated then my previous palettes and I like that I am exploring and being more adventurous with my schemes. (Believe me, for 4 years of design school, all I did was Lime Green and Cyan. It's nice to break free.) I'm doing some really great pressies for friends right now, I'm making all my friends in plush form. I LOVE this idea, because it really shows how much I care about the person, and most people really seem to enjoy having a plush teensy version of themselves on their desks. So. This one is actually of me, and my mate in NZ, Andy. I'm sending him a version of myself so we can hang out together. Since I moved back to Canada, we really miss each other's company. So I'm hoping to put a smile on his face when he gets this package...

Alright. So. My next adventure is doing the "PAWS and CLAWS" gala, with Miss Driedger and some other really wonderful artists. Basically it is an event to help raise funds for the Edmonton Humane Society. I chose this hilarious beagle named "Watson". (I really wish I could adopt him.. ) and basically my art piece is going to be a children's book about him. I'm extremely excited about this project! Check out the website, and head over to the gala on April 12, 2008 if you can, it would really help out the Society. The proceeds will be going to the new 40,000 sqFt building they are currently constructing on the North West side of the city. Check out the links, Edmonton Humane Society and The Paws and Claws Gala

have a good one aye? xx Miss Dishy.
As per usual, Copyright Miss Dishy 2008. All rights Reserved.

2 comments:

crystal driedger said...

Ok, so how adorable is your cut out? Sweet! Beautiful! And lovely colours, as per usual.

I know what you mean about wanting to design the blogolla too. I'm saving to take a dreamweaver course or two so that I can finally attach my blog somehow to my website and have a more consistant design.

Well toodles miss dish!

Mike Boldt said...

Hey Michelle! This are some super cool designs! I cannot believe how amazing your designs are. I never really got to see how "designery" you were back then. The illustrations are still just getting better and better too! Keep it up!

Oh, and that really sucks about those guys posting virus's or whatever on your comments. If you are able to try to turn the comments to a setting where you have to approve of them first or they don't make it on.

Hope they decide to take a hike (and trip).

-Mike